Laura's Word and Music

Laura's Word and Music
Laura

Sunday, January 17, 2010

View From the Bridge in Cambridge City

Verses which came to me during my walk in Cambridge City, IN, May 27, 2005

View From the Bridge in Cambridge City
© Laura 2005

Wherever everyone else is
In the world today
I stand, alone, at this moment,
Looking over the bridge.

The stream below Passes under me.
There's my shadow on the water!
I watch the blossoms Flow on the surface
See the sandy bottom through cool water,
Shallow enough for wading.

I look along the winding banks
As far as I can see,
Water, twisting and turning
Disappears into infinity.

The foliage, green and fresh
With new Spring growth,
Flourishes and
Bends to reach the water.

Here and there I see dry branches
Lodged in the creek-bed
Ripples splashing over them,
Laughing along their merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment